Vocaloid - Hatsune Miku

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lasers

The laser movie was a short film created by two students in Chabot that categorize the types of students that come and go on this community campus. They interview different types of students and put them into 6 categories.
                 Check out this video when you have time:
    Focusing The Lasers from Sean McFarland on Vimeo.
  • Visitors: These types of students are the type of people who have only just started their journeys into the world of college. It is a completely new field in which they have almost zero experience in. The come in and feel as if they are not part of this new environment and feel distant towards everything around them.
  • Wanderers: They have very little idea on what they want to do academically. They may have some troubles in speech and communications with those around them because of they're new to this type of environment. 
  • Explorers:  These types of students are the experimental types, they try out things that seem to interest them. They still have no real path in which they want to follow, but when it comes to the path in which they want to study academically, they have some idea since they have been in the system long enough to try different things out. 
  • Seekers: Students in the seeker class are the more, evolved types of explorers. They have been exploring enough and have seen the many sides of different subjects and have a clear goal in which they can strive for. These guys can deal with college life like second nature since they have transitioned from high school classes that have taught them how to deal with the work loads since day one, AP classes are a great example of one of these prep classes. 
  • Dreamers: Dreamer type students have clear idea of what they want to do when they graduate from community college. They already have that dream of theirs in their heads and are ready to set out on that goal. 
  • Lasers: These students are the types that literally have a straight pathway in which they want to be. Like a laser pointing specifically at a goal, these students have a clear materialized goal in which they can obtain.

      After watching the laser movie, I have come to realize that I am a number of things, for one I could be a visitor, a seeker, and a explorer. These three have suited me the best throughout the entire video due to the things said by the interviewees.
    In the visitor class, I am a new incoming student attempting to make my own in this new environment. I know nothing of college life and only hope to fit in with my peers, I struggle greatly with how to adapt to the new work load compared to when I was still in high school. There was a large shift in the amount of pages needed to be written in an essay, in high school, the maximum for me to write was roughly three pages, here I'm writing a twenty four page essay and still going. When I first entered, I felt like an outsider, a person who didn't belong in society. I also did not have a clear path in which my future would take me, I wanted to in the medical field, but now it seems to be like a second thought.
      As for the seeker category, I know what classes I'm taking, fulfilling my GE courses and hopefully transferring to a good four year institution. That is my main goal as of right now and it seems to be the only real path that I can follow. Though this may sound like a contradiction to the statements above, I have faced heavy workloads in high school before, and well, I've learned to adapt to these things rather quickly. I have faced this in my AP courses in during the four years in high school and those courses have prepared me quite well if I have to say so for myself. I generally have control over myself and have the ability to manage my time considerably well.
     And finally we have the explorer category. This category would suit me the best since I have no real clear path in which I want to take. I take a bunch of GE classes that seem interesting and hopefully it fulfills the requirements I need to transfer into another institution. I know for sure that I want to head into a four year institution for a higher education and obtain a degree that I can be proud of. That is a clear path that I must absolutely follow through with in hopes to push through with my prideful self. I just hope I know how to obtain this goal... long ways away, but the journey has only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment